Sisters and Brothers,
The Fleet Service Committee met with American Airlines this week in DFW.
This week, we focused on overtime and vacations, and during this session we exchanged multiple proposals and held several lengthy deliberations. We understand that these articles are very important to the membership and the complexity of the two separate agreements requires extensive attention to detail in the language proposed. While we have not reached tentative agreements with the company, we have reduced the outstanding issues in these articles.
In the meantime, the company has not responded to the following articles for an extended period of time:
- Recognition of Rights and Compliance – The company wants to reserve the right to direct or assign our work under certain circumstances, without the direction of a Crew Chief/Lead.
- Holidays – The rate of pay and the number of holidays are the outstanding issues in this article.
- Sick Time – We remain apart on the number of sick days accrued each year and the accrual bank balance.
- Part-Time – The company wants to base the part-time ratio on the total number of fleet service employees versus the total number of full-time employees.
|Shift Differential||Preamble||Training, Travel Pay and Meal Per Diem|
|Grievance Procedures||Leaves of Absence||Meal Periods|
|Representation||Field Work||System Board of Adjustment|
|Uniforms||Absence from Duty||No Strike No Lockout|
|Fitness for Duty||Bulletin Boards||Probation|
|Safety and Health||Purpose of Agreement||Termination of Employment|
|Shift Trades||Furlough Benefits||Work Schedules|
The following negotiation dates have been scheduled for the remainder of this year:
- Week of December 5th – DCA
- Week of December 12th – LAS
Negotiations have been scheduled for the following dates in January:
- Week of January 16th – DFW
- Week of January 23rd – MCO